Sunday, June 8, 2008

"W" Kayak- Fun and a Back-Saver





Tried fishing-- carp on a fly-- last year from sit-atop kayaks, but in no time my chronic back issues reared up and i spent 4 months in PT!


Working from an inflatable boat ( http://www.seaeagle.com/FoldCat.aspx ) got me through the summer, but its a little bulky for chasing carp.


as my back improved i bought and tried a Flatstalker -- first one in Pennsylvania-- http://in.youtube.com/watch?v=qMnVsliKheE


not bad, but still a little heavy, and i fall off once everyone 6 outings.


This winter i found the W -- wavewalk catamaran kayak. My PT thought it looked like a much better setup for me-- you straddle a bench, can stand or sit, or ride like a horse. Bought one two months ago and I am delighted-- the manufacturer added me to his web page:




too cool-- now i just need time away from the oven to use it !


Had a fine outing with jim Kosa and Ray Thibodeau at Baylor's lake, and some luck at Nockamixon. Want to do a float down the Neshaminy (back to boyhood ) soon!


No comments: